Plug-ins

Displaying of dimensions is not yet fully implemented, but on our list. Please expect it in the next months before the end of the year.

Please, Kangaroo 2 would be great: material behaviour, rigging, animations with physical properties, structure simulations, particle simulations, parametric urbanism … Shapediver could buffer some iterations and then later on play them together

Thanks for the input! The way you describe it working, with buffered iterations playing in a loop, makes sense for a ShapeDiver use of Kangaroo. However, you can imagine that there is significant work to make this happen, as it’s very different from the standard ShapeDiver behaviour. Furthermore we don’t see a lot of practical applications for it… Which is why we would call this a nice-to-have, but in a somewhat distant future, unless many users demonstrate a strong need.

I second Dani’s request for Cocoon. Oddly, it’s not even listed on the official plugin listing:

http://rhino.github.io

It’s only in the developer’s web site:

http://www.bespokegeometry.com/2015/07/22/cocoon/

Please note that Kangaroo has two versions, 1 and 2 and they are both needed.

Since you are already partnered with Shapeways, the one and only Grasshopper plug-in for filling bodies with an internal truss should be a priority to add, namely Intralattice:

The plug-in Clipper would be great.
It is just a small plug-in, but extremely fast with 2D-operations.
There are extreme time savings possible with this plugin compared to similar functions in grasshopper (that do not work that well as clipper in certain cases). That would be useful with the time restrictions for calculations in ShapeDiver.

Thanks for the suggestion, we will consider Clipper for addition.

We are happy to announce for two further Grasshopper plug-ins:

1. Clipper (www.shapediver.com/m/clipper-polygon-offset-demo)
  2. Exoskeleton (www.shapediver.com/m/exoskeleton-simple-demo)

Is there any plans on adding Mosquito?
I use their “GDirect” component to get a distance from two addresses for delivery pricing.
or is there already a way of doing the same thing?

Great! I just realized now that clipper was added because of my forum- illiteracy :smile:

Many thanks for your suggestion. We have added Mosquito to the list of plugins considered for addition.

We have added support for the Pufferfish plug-in.

Yes! Dani- thank you for developing Peacock, and for suggesting the plugins you mentioned, I couldn’t agree more.

Please be aware that

• Weaverbird
  • MeshEdit
  • Peacock
  • PhylloMachine

are available already.

Kangaroo would be my first pref. Would also love to see Panelling Tools and Nursery

Many thanks for these suggestions. We should be able to add Panelling Tools in the near future.
Both Kangaroo and Nursery can not be added at this stage, because plug-ins that loop (re-schedule new solutions in Grasshopper) can not be allowed on our system.

Hi just wondering if Plankton is installed and if which version.
I have a custom C# component in my script and it seams that it doesn’t compute.

The model I am rvering to is:

EDIT:

Okay I saw that it is installed, so why isn’t the mess displaying. It should look like this:

Hi,

Sorry for answering a bit late, we had some forum issues in the past few days.
My guess is that you are using some geometry that was not internalized and therefore is not sent along with your definition. Make sure your definition works by itself, without linking to a Rhino file.
If this is not the issue, unfortunately I can’t help without seeing your definition. I can give it a look if you send it to me at mathieu@shapediver.com.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi Mathieu,

I am sure that this is not the case, bacuase when you look at the example it shows the wireframe of the input geometry. My guess is that it hase something to do with the C# component using Plankton.dll and Plankton.gha.

Shouldn’t that work?

Ha, I just realized now that you are not just using the plugin, you are referencing its assemblies in your C# component. This is a bit tricky because if you installed Plankton in the standard way, the dll and gha files are stored in your local user path, something like: C:\Users\schaf82\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\Plankton.dll

This path of course doesn’t exist on our servers. Here is a method you can use to solve this problem, but be aware that this is not the standard way to install and use plugins in Grasshopper:

1. Close Rhino and delete the assemblies from the above path
  2. Copy the plugin assemblies instead to the following path:
    'C:\Program Files\Common Files\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\Grasshopper (b45a29b1-4343-4035-989e-044e8580d9cf)\0.9.76.0\Components'
    Assuming of course this is where Grasshopper is stored on your laptop. This is a necessary condition to make this method work. Just for safety, I am attaching the plugin files we are using on our servers, copy those 3 and don’t rename them: https://we.tl/ceLL7ORHKj
  3. Now in your definition, manage the assemblies of your C# components to reference these files instead of the previous ones.

Let me know how that works for you.